QME 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 escalation
Organisers said the decision was made in consultation with event partners and key industry stakeholders.
“We are in unprecedented times and continue to witness first-hand the challenging impact of COVID-19 on all industries, both professionally and personally,” they said in a statement signed as the QME team.
“Prior to the recent escalation of COVID-19 we were optimistic that QME would run safely and successfully in September this year and our principle focus was on ensuring that the rescheduled dates were ideally positioned to support Mackay and the Queensland mining industry. However, we have concluded that the best option is to cancel the 2020 edition of QME.”
The organisers would now be focusing on the 2022 edition of QME, the statement said.
Bowen Basin Mining Club has confirmed that the Queensland Mining Awards Gala Presentation Dinner will be held as a stand-alone event on September 23.
The event had been timed to tie in with the influx of people for QME.
It will be held at the Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre from 6pm.
DRA Global will deliver the Carmichael project’s $140 million coal preparation plant for Bravus Mining and Resources.DRA Global owns Mackay-based G&S...