Gladstone industry leaders shine in annual awards
GEA acting general manager Chantale Lane said the GEA Board’s decision to add three new awards to the line-up was a reflection on the local talent.
“All the nominations in this year’s Industry Awards were of an extremely high calibre, it was very difficult for our Board to decide on the winners,” she said.
“We also inducted not one but two individuals into the GEA Hall of Fame this year, Greg Lee, managing director of Lee Crane Hire, and Joe Rea, Rio Tinto’s new safety master coach Pacific Operations.
“Both of these gentlemen are a credit to the CQ industry community, and it’s an honour to have them included in our Hall of Fame.”
Ms Lane said she would like to congratulate not only all the winners, but the nominees in the GEA Industry Awards.
“The industry community in Central Queensland is talented, driven and adaptive,” she said.
“So to be singled out, and nominated in the GEA Industry Awards, is great recognition that you’re doing something right.”
The winners in the 2019 GEA Industry Awards are:
– Forty Calis Memorial Award: Aestec Services owner and director Doug Deakin (below)
– Wayne Peachey Memorial Award: Anderson’s Auto City managing director Les Anderson
– The Innovator Award: Sync Lift Engineering director Brian Lynch
– The Safety Excellence Award: High Risk Solution’ managing director David Nunn
– The Operational Achiever Award: Smit Lamnalco SHEQ officer Brett Marsh