Diverse works vying for engineering honours
The AEEAs recognise projects that contribute to social and/or economic outcomes and represent excellence in engineering.
Engineers Australia says a broad range of engineering disciplines and projects are represented within the 2020 finalists, a testament to the work completed by engineers in Australia over the last two years.
The winners of the AEEAs, as well as Professional and Young Professional Engineer of the Year Awards, across nine divisions nationwide will be announced at a series of virtual presentations taking place in September.
The Queensland winners will be announced on September 15 and the pinnacle presentation is scheduled for November 12.
This year’s Queensland finalists include:
- – Aurecon
- – Port of Brisbane, Brady Marine & Civil, Madsen Giersing
- – Department of Transport and Main Roads, AECOM, Hydrology and Risk Consulting (HARC), NineSquared
- – Ports North
- – Logan Water, Economic Development Queensland, Downer, Cardno, WSP
- – Trinity Engineering and Consulting Pty Ltd, CMG Consulting Engineers, Alchemy All Metal Fabrications, James Hyde Glass Innovations
- – GHD
- – AHJV (Arup HDR Joint Venture), Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR), The Infrastructure Group (TIG) (a joint venture between Bielby, BMD Constructions, JF Hull and Albem)
- – Georgiou Group and Brady Marine & Civil Joint Venture (GBJV), City of Gold Coast
- – NOJA Power Switchgear
- – Meinhardt Group, James Cook University, Cox Architecture
- – Urban Utilities
- – GHD
- – SkyWay Joint Venture, CPB Contractors Pty Ltd, BMD Constructions, Brisbane Airport Corporation
- – Cardno, Stockland Development
- – Arup, Cox Architecture, Watpac, Counterpoint Architecture
- – SMEC Australia, Seqwater
- – GroundProbe
- – Engenuity Solutions, Aspec Engineering
- – Inertia Engineering
- – Toowoomba Regional Council, Kehoe Myers
- – BMD Constructions
- – BHP
The Whitsunday Regional Council has approved a $1.1 billion housing development at Bowen.Whitsunday Paradise developer GRW is hoping to start prelimin...