Coal mining resumes at Carborough Downs
Chief executive officer Grant Polwarth said the company’s own internal processes, including a range of risk assessments, had been followed to allow operations to safely resume.
Ipswich man Brad Duxbury, 57, was killed in an underground incident at the mine site on November 25.
“The Queensland Mines Inspectorate’s investigation is ongoing, and we continue to cooperate fully with this process,” Mr Polwarth said.
Mr Polwarth said the company was unable to provide any further comment in relation to the incident while those investigations were underway.
He said the workforce, including contractors, had continued to be employed and paid as normal while mining operations were suspended
“Fitzroy continues to offer support to the family of Brad Duxbury and all members of the Carborough Downs team who have been affected by this tragedy,” Mr Polwarth said.
The Queensland Mines Inspectorate last month reported that preliminary investigations indicated a fall of coal from the longwall face fatally injured Mr Duxbury.
Contractors and supply businesses will have the chance to learn more about upcoming shutdowns and projects at the Gladstone Engineering Alliance’s Ind...