Workplace Health & Safety Policy
The health and safety of all those affected by our work is of the highest importance and will therefore be addressed and monitored at the highest levels within our organisation. Resources that are appropriate to the level of risk will be made available to assist in the elimination or reduction of that risk.
To demonstrate our commitment to this policy, we will:
- Comply with relevant legislative and statutory requirements, and advisory standards.
- Provide premises, plant and equipment together with systems of work that are safe.
- Ensure the workplace health and safety of all people at work by providing a suitable environment, the information, instruction, training and supervision required.
- Provide personal protective equipment to staff
- Provide adequate first aid, emergency procedures and access to appropriately trained personnel.
- Encourage consultation & participation within the company to promote and maintain safe and healthy conditions.
- Investigate reported hazards promptly.
- Investigate promptly any accident, incident or near miss and undertake corrective actions as soon as possible.
- Monitor compliance with WHS Management System.
- Monitor our WHS performance.
- Develop and continually improve our WHS management system.
Workplace health and safety is also the responsibility of all management, staff and contractors. Specific WHS responsibilities for each function and level of the organisation are outlined in our WHS policy manual, procedures and plans, job descriptions and contract conditions.
Our philosophy is that all work related illness and injury can be prevented. Appropriate consideration must be given to determining a safe and healthy work method for each and every activity. We achieve this by maintaining our certification against AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Superior Resources has kicked off a 2500m reverse circulation and diamond core resource drilling program at its Steam Engine project in North Queensla...
The proposed raising of the Burdekin Falls Dam wall in North Queensland has been declared a coordinated project.Upgrading the dam would be a key step...