NSS respects our relationship with the natural environment and recognises the adverse impacts that human activity can impose on ecosystems. NSS is committed to preventing harm to our natural systems by developing and implementing sustainable practices and through our commitment to continuous improvement.
As evidence of this commitment, we will:
- Undertake responsible management practices that aim to prevent pollution.
- Explore best practice and innovative green technologies to reduce energy consumption.
- Minimise waste disposal through waste avoidance, recycling, and resource recovery.
- Ensure water resources are used efficiently by implementing reduction and re-use principles.
- Investigate the sustainable use of the natural resources and ways of reducing NSS’s carbon footprint.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and related initiatives.
- Set environmental objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement.
- Measure, monitor and report on environmental performance.
- Incorporate environmental best practice into our core business plans and management processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) that complies with the requirements of international standard ISO 14001.
- Ensure we work closely with our staff, clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders to continually improve our business processes which affect the environment; and
- Communicate this Sustainability Policy Statement to all staff and make it available to the public.
This policy and our EMS will be reviewed annually by senior management to ensure continued effectiveness and improvement.
Coronado’s Curragh mine near Blackwater delivered record sales volumes for the September quarter of 3.6 million tonnes.The result was a 20.6 per cent...