NSS will not tolerate any form of inequality within the workplace. We strongly believe that our employees have the right to work in an environment free of discrimination, sexual harassment or workplace harassment in all their forms. Our policies are underpinned by the principle that all employees uphold our continuing commitment to an atmosphere of mutual respect.
In support of this statement NSS is committed to the continuous development and maintenance of a work environment free from both inappropriate discrimination and all forms of harassment.
Proper and professional conduct in accordance with our Equity Policy requires the following:
- Selection and recruitment based on merit;
- Appraisal, development and promotion based upon performance;
- No discrimination on grounds prohibited by state and federal laws; and
- Absence of any and all forms of harassment, victimisation and bullying by any employee.
In order to enact and enforce our policies, the company shall:
- Disseminate its policies to all employees;
- Implement an education program on discrimination, sexual harassment and workplace harassment;
- Enact processes and procedures that permit the reporting and investigation of claims to be processed in a just, equitable, timely and lawful manner and without fear of retribution;
- Enforce, through disciplinary measures, breaches of these policies; and
- Provide authority and responsibility for the just operation of this policy and its supporting procedures.
Anyone working for or on behalf of NSS is expected to contribute towards a harassment and discrimination free work environment and can be liable for the outcome of any action in breach of this policy.
The Company considers this policy to be an integral part of its overall management philosophy. It shall implement its principles through a culture of tolerance and consideration underpinned by enforceable prohibition.