We are committed to environmental sensitivity and sustainability in our business activities.
As evidence of this commitment, we will:
- Integrate environmental considerations into our business planning and operations to prevent pollution, minimise other negative impacts, and generate positive outcomes where possible.
- Develop and implement an EMS (environmental management system) based on the ISO 14001 international standard.
- Meet our legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Measure various aspects of our environmental performance, and seek to continuously improve our outcomes.
- Set objectives for environmental performance improvement and assign responsibility to members of senior management. These objectives will be included in those managers’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide employees with awareness and training to help them make environmentally sound decisions.
- Communicate information regarding our EMS and performance to customers, employees, suppliers, and the community via our web site and other appropriate means.
- Avoid, and where this is not possible, minimise adverse environmental impacts.
This policy and our EMS will be reviewed annually by senior management to ensure continued effectiveness and improvement.
New Zealand-based Chatham Rock Phosphate has made a $12.3 million deal to acquire the Korella phosphate mine, 150km south-east of Mount Isa.The compan...