Sun Metals Case Study
Sun Metals Corporation (SMC) is the operator of the Sun Metals Zinc Refinery located 15 Kilometres South of the Port of Townsville. SMC is the Australian subsidiary of Korea Zinc Company Limited (the world’s third largest producer of refined zinc, producing 10 per cent of the worlds metal from plants in Korea, the US and Australia).
NSS Services include:
• Refinery operations, including the management of warehousing and zinc loading
• Transport of refined zinc metal from refinery to berth
• Packing zinc in containers
• Stevedoring both containerised and break bulk zinc metal
• Securing break bulk zinc in vessel
• Discharge of imported zinc concentrate
• Onsite management, transport and stevedoring of containerised bulk zinc ferrite for export
• Bulk storage and stevedoring of zinc ferrite using half-height containers.
• Flexibility through dealing with just one service provider
• All-encompassing integrated service